(HealthDay News) -- Learning how to manage your chronic illness can help make coping easier.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers this advice:
- Examine your lifestyle and choose one unhealthy practice to address.
- Create a specific goal to address your issue, such as exercising three days per week.
- Create a plan to deal with factors that may interfere with your goal.
- Make sure your goal is realistic.
- Schedule regular follow-up appointments with your doctor to track your progress.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.