(HealthDay News) -- Establishing strict rules about use of the swimming pool can help protect your loved ones and prevent drowning.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Protection offers these swimming safety guidelines:
- Ensure that everyone around the water knows how to swim.
- Equip swimmers with life jackets, if needed.
- Stay close and pay constant attention to swimmers.
- If you're supervising swimmers, know how to perform CPR.
- Make sure there's a fence or barrier that keeps people away from the pool when it's not in use.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.