(HealthDay News) -- A pre-exercise snack can be just what your body craves to push it through a grueling workout.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests:
- A balanced snack of both proteins and carbs up to three hours before your workout.
- A sandwich with peanut butter and jelly, or peanut butter and banana.
- A cup of berries with yogurt.
- Oatmeal mixed with milk and fruit.
- An apple with nut butter.
- A handful of one part nuts to two parts raisins.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.