(HealthDay News) -- Exercise may be just what the doctor ordered to improve heart health.
The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute says potential benefits of exercise include:
- Reducing blood pressure and triglycerides.
- Boosting "good" HDL cholesterol.
- Improving levels of blood sugar, thereby reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Cutting proteins responsible for harmful inflammation.
- Improving chances of maintaining a healthier weight.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.