(HealthDay News) -- As your preschooler grows, so do the hands and fingers. Playtime helps strengthen little hands to prepare them for writing and other skills.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests these hand-strengthening activities:
- Building with blocks, or doing large jigsaw puzzles.
- Stringing beads or playing with a pegboard.
- Coloring with crayons or chalk.
- Building sand castles.
- Using several sizes of containers to pour water back and forth.
- Playing with doll clothing that zips, laces or snaps.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.