(HealthDay News) -- Losing weight then gaining it back is a familiar rollercoaster ride for many people. But there are things you can do to better your chances of losing weight for good.
The American Council on Exercise advises:
- Calculate how many calories your body requires each day to function, then determine a daily calorie goal.
- Aim to consume about 250 fewer calories per day, and to burn another 250 calories per day through exercise.
- Eat healthier meals, and don't skip any meals.
- Be wary of high-calorie beverages, and eat plenty of fruit, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins.
- Exercise most days of the week to boost fitness and burn calories.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.